Accessing windows share

LogicMan

Registered
hey ... got a new powerbook g4 15inch...

since its on a windows network, how can i access windows shares that are on a TEST workgroup?
thanks..

All you need to do is go to "Go" and then select "Connect to Server." From there, proceed to type the name of the PC (or it's IP address if that doesn't work) in the following manner:

smb://<computer-name>

Once you attempt to connect, it should ask you to authenticate. You'll need to have an account that has access to the Windows machine. Once you have authenticated properly, you should see another window that asks you which share you want to access from the PC. Select it and you should have it on your desktop.

I'm sure there's a much easier way of doing it, but this direct way is much quicker for me... :p

nixgeek said:
All you need to do is go to "Go" and then select "Connect to Server." From there, proceed to type the name of the PC (or it's IP address if that doesn't work) in the following manner:

smb://<computer-name>

Once you attempt to connect, it should ask you to authenticate. You'll need to have an account that has access to the Windows machine. Once you have authenticated properly, you should see another window that asks you which share you want to access from the PC. Select it and you should have it on your desktop.

I'm sure there's a much easier way of doing it, but this direct way is much quicker for me... :p

Awsome! it worked. now i need to start up these shares when i login everytime..can this be possible

Back