Accessory Questioni

Safari_Addict

Safari/***** Addict
Hi,

I'm thinking about buying the iPod Digital Camera pic transfer thingy... Not sure of the title. But it's where you plug it into your iPod through a dock modification (what you buy) and it transfers pictures onto the iPod.

Now my question is, if I buy that, will I be able to get the photos off of my iPod.

Thanks

I thought with the newer iPods you could already transfer images with the supplied USB cable?

Yeah... From my computer to the iPod. I'm talking about Apple's Digital Camera -> iPod accessory. Not sure if I could go from DC -> iPod -> Mac

No, the iPod Camera Connector plugs directly into the bottom port of your color-display iPod. The bottom port is called the dock connector. There's no need for a plug, either, but I do hear that transferring photos drains the battery quickly.

I know that where it goes... But for my Digital Camera, transferring pictures is done by connecting it to the dock and the dock into the computer. But the dock doesn't work without being plugged in.

They don't have your particular model listed, though there's a good change it will work. That pages tells you how to can see if it'll work.

Back