ack!!! 10.2 Menu Extras...

Javintosh

Meember
I just heard from a developer that told me that in 10.2 you will not be able to move Menu Extras around!!! :eek:

To people using 10.2: can you verify that this is indeed the behavior in 10.2?

To everyone else: please tell <a href="http://www.apple.com/macosx/feedback/">apple</a> that taking this functionality out is a really bad idea!!!

RPS - either you are a legitimate test user of jaguar builds or you're not. for those who are not, this site does not allow participation in illegal distribution of software. To make it clear to yourself and other new members - we do not allow direct links to warez, nor allow any information which allows for the enabling of illegally obtained software. look elsewhere if you really feel you must participate in such activities.

serpicolugnut:

can you see if this <a href="http://www.versiontracker.com/redir.fcgi/kind=1&db=mac&id=7483/MoonMenu_2.0.2.sit">MenuExtra </a>is movable?

The developer claims that it is no longer movable it because of changes he had to do to make it 10.2 compliant...

thanks,
PS>phew!

jetosx - i don't know myself. but someone just posted that in the last 24 hrs. somewhere. i can't seem to find it again, but it's somewhere on the site. something about 'appleseeds' i think.

No, Moon Menu is not "moveable" in the menu in 10.2 - yet....

The functionality is there for it to happen, the developer just hasn't figured out how to make it work under the changes in 10.2. But all of Apple's menu items are moveable.

This same situation popped up between 10.0 and 10.1. Developers figured out what was changed and adapted... I'm sure shortly after 10.2 is released you'll see it restored...

Originally posted by JetosX
hey ed how would i sign up to be a legal tester?
i think it ming be really fun:D

Hello JetosX!

I don't know if you found out how to (legaly) obtain copies of 10.2...but thought I would post it in case you did not:

Apple Beta Testing Sign Up Form

Please note that this does not guarantee that you will be able to beta test for them...they say that if you meet hardware requirements for specific software they will send it to you...sounds to me like you gotta have a pretty new computer ;)

Hope this helps!

Albert

thanks for the answer... I upgraded to the latest version and found that the menu extra no longer moved (I've since downgraded). When I asked the developer, he told me that this functionality will be missing from 10.2...

Hopefully when 10.2 comes out things will clear up.

thanks

Back