Acrobat 6 and printing

Lyra

Registered
I just installed Acrobat 6 (for the second time – the first time it messed with my finder and my head so much I gave up) ( dp 1.2GHz G4, 10.2.6).

Anyhoo, this time it installed OK, but when I went to print (HP2100TN), nothing happened except an extraordinarly unhelpful message that there was an unknown problem.

Nothing continued to happen when I tried to print from any application. Helpfully, Adobe's website smugly said that if nothing would print it would be a system problem not an Adobe problem, completely ignoring the fact that it was their software that scewed it up in the first place.

To cut a long story short, and perhaps to save anyone else spending hours fossicking around to try and find out how to put it right, I found something that has worked.

Restart. (Restart - aah, that takes me back.)

Doh! :mad:

No - just a point of information in case anyone else is equally dimwitted. On the Acrobat forum there are quite a few queries about printing, and I didn't see simply restarting suggested anywhere, which is why I didn't think of it.

Do I need to have a question to post? I thought I was just trying to be helpful.

Back