Actionscript in Livemotion 2

bighairydog

tail-wagging member
Wow, I just realised that Livemotion supports ActionScript. My initial reaction is: Fuck flash, Macromedia just lost themselves a customer.

Does anybody have any info on how good the support is? Any online reviews maybe? If there really is complete and 100% proof ActionScript capabilities, then I may just wet myself, and then ditch classic altogether.

(Having said that, I bet when a carbonised flash 6 comes out, I’ll be lining up to buy it like the masochist that I am)

Bernie :eek:)

my "beta testing" revealed that it much better support than in the first verion, and that it's different support and that it will never be as thorough/exact as macromedias, but you willddo if you aren't a 24/7/nolife/actionscripter/dot/com/boom/statup/designer/freacky/dude.

that said they timeline rocks flashes, and flash 6 aka MX is still gonna kick livemotions ass cuz it's faster at rendering flash files.

So you got hold of a beta - nice...Do you notice any non-existent features that I'll miss if I'm a flash user?

The one that springs to mind is shape tweening - does LiveMotion do that? I know that in LiveMotion 1, the recommendation on the Adobe website was to "Import shape blends frame by frame from Illustrator" Which is crap.

If LiveMotion doesn't have shape tweening, I'm not getting it, because I use that all the time...

Bernie :eek:)

Back