active server on macos 9.2 (asp)???

pwxrated

Registered
Hi

Can anyone explain to me how to run a active server on my mac?
I need to run on the local machine to test my script before I upload it to my site.
I've tried the microsoft PWS for mac but that works just as bas as everythingelse from Microsoft on mac.

Plz tell me if you know!

It's been several days since youposted this, so I am wondering if you got the script tested.
You can upload to the site, then go to a windows machine to check it out. Or have a few window friends check it. If there is a problem, go over the script, then replace the upload with the new file.

If you want to use your Mac running OS 9 as a server, try using the "Person Web Sharing" control panel. It should have come with Mac OS 9. Usually installed by default... Although, I must admit, I have no knowledge of asp, so I might be on the wrong track, here.

Thanks for your replies!
The reason I want to be able to run it on my local machine is cuz I suck at programming asp, I have to go over the script 50 times before I get it right!
So having friends on pc's check it out for me would not make me the popular one!

The web sharing does not support asp scripts, thanks anyway!

I hope there is someone out there who knows what to do, I do not want to change to mac os x yet!
And I DO NOT want to buy a pc!

Thank anyway!

Check out my website www.pierrewiberg.com
any comments are welcome!

peace!

I checked my handy dandy book. You need a software package that allows the Mac to receive and respond to requests for a given type of Internet Service.
Apple's Personal Web sharing is extremely basic.
What you need to check out is
WebStar
NetPresenz
Quid Pro Quo

Eash has a setup wizard. To find them, just go to
http://www.versiontracker.com/ or
http://www2.macupdate.com/
And do a search at the top right. Both web sites will bring you to a direct download link.

If this is not what you need, I suggest you post your request - complete with all the particulars in the Web Works or Nothin' but Net forum.

Thank you very much Cheryl, your links have helped me alot and saved me huge future internet bills. By the way, great forum!
I'll be using it alot in the future!
Thanks again!

asp (active server pages) is a Microsoft technology for server-side scripting. As far as I know, it only works with Microsoft IIS servers. I don't think you will ever get this to work on your Mac.

Back