Active window deactivates automatically

sylmen

Registered
I have a Imac G5 with MacOS10.4 running. Since a couple of weeks I am experiencing a strange problem.
The program/window I am working in is deactivated automatically after a few minutes or less. This happens with all programms.
E.g. when I am writing a mail, all of a sudden I notice that the tect I type does not apear on the screen. Then I notice that the mail window is not active anymore and the menu changed to Finder.
This also happens with all other applications.
If I am in a finder window, the window also disappears.
So far it was only frustrating, but now I am trying to copy a big directory and this copy stops everytime when the window closes.

Does anybody has any tips to solve this problem?

take contents of user/library/preferences file, put on desktop. reboot. see if problem stops. open up applications one by one and see if you find strange behavior. if you do, go into preference files and find associated preferences one by one and restore them to preference file in user/library.

Hi all I am having this problem too and nothing seems to fix it - have trashed preferences and restarted to no avail. I have three logins on my computer but this is only happening on mine and I am the administrator, any other solutions out there?

thanks

Back