ActiveX via Parallels?

mindbend

Registered
Can anyone confirm if ActiveX websites work via Parallels?

I bought a copy of Windows XP and Parallels specifically to run Quickbooks online edition, which requires ActiveX. Much to my dismay, Internet Explorer is not recognized as ActiveX capable in Parallels. And it's going to be a big pain to reboot via Bootcamp just to enter bills and such. (And just so we don't go down this path, I'v ebeen running QB for Mac, but it's not full featured enough, so I had to go to a Windows or online version).

For a quick test, could someone with Parallels try this website and confirm whether or not ActiveX works via Parallels Desktop using Internet Explorer (won't work in other browsers).

http://www.pcpitstop.com/testax.asp

Thanks!

I've contacted Parallels about it, but they haven't responded yet.

Ok, here's a follow up for anyone reading this. I'm just an idiot.

ActiveX definitely works in Parallels, I was just too stupid to realize it during the installation. Not being a Windows user, I didn't realize that there's this yellow bar at the top of IE for such things. The installation GUI is actually a mess, but that's a different argument. Bottom line is that it works once you figure out that you need to click that stupid yellow bar area.

Back