Ad Image Plagerism on MacOSX?

lurk

Mitä?
Howdy,

I just thought I saw an add for Handbrake here on MacOSX which I thought was mighty odd. But in clicking on it I couldn't find any reference to that app. So what is up with that, is it just a case of one of the advertisers swiping an image that they thought looked cool?

I have attached a screencap the offending add.

Just a wonderin...

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    48.6 KB · Views: 20
Well now after submitting this thread I see another add with a Garage Band icon. Maybe they are offering training in cut and paste. :)

apone looking at the site, it is one that offers training on how to use common apps in versious oses. i can't seem to find any for handbrake, but they do have some for garageband. i think someone just grabbed app icons. i do think that they should only show icons for apps they have training for, and not just popular apps.

Yeah, I can see working the icon into a larger pice for that but this is really on that is inviting a CD letter. Well maybe not but I would not have the guts to try and press it myself.

i hate those XYZ training ads. pithhelmet for some reason can't block them. i've complained to pithhelmet, but maybe i should complain to scott. it's mocking the money i spent on pith helmet.

Back