Adaptec 29160 Scsi Card & My Sawtooth

Carlo

All your base are belong
Hi All,

I have a Adaptec 29160 Scsi Card and want to put it in my mac. Only one problem, its a PC scsi card (well I assume it is).

Do I have to put Mac firmware on the card to get it to work? If so how does one go about this as the adaptec site does not mention mac support (however a google search says that it does work)

Any help is appreciated.

Hello.
I have an Adaptec 2940U2B scsi-2 card on my B&W400 G3. I downloaded later firmware for this card about 8mths ago and had no probs with it until I tried to access the Yamaha CD writer that is connected to this card after loading OSX. I still had no access to my Yamaha after updating to OS10.1.2, however as soon as I updated to OS10.1.3 my CD writer was recognised immediately and I have had no further probs at all.
Of course, now I realise that it was nothing to do with my Adaptec card, but rather the earlier OSX versions not having any support for my Yamaha drive.
Hold on one moment Carlo, and I will get back into this subject without straying off any further.....................................................................................
I agree with Uberman, that Adaptec does support Mac, and if you find the latest firmware update to d/l it will have the instructions with it.

PS. If you can't find it I will have a look on the weekend and let you know!

Cheers. :)

Don't bother looking Carbonizer..... Uberman has it linked for Carlo..hehe......
Good of you to offer help though dude.
:)

Back