ADC Seed 7B39!

I've got a completely different experience with the build: Entirely positive. Updating from 7B28 went without errors, everything just ran, Finder works better (doesn't crash anymore), Safari doesn't crash anymore (or not that often, I'd have to say, although it actually HASN'T crashed since installing...) and all of my apps work fine, too.

It's been bliss, really, so far. I guess I'll stay on this build for a while and will only install newer builds on the external drive to find new features.

About AirPort not finding an IP: Try your usual tricks. Resetting everything etc. AirPort works just fine for me, too.

Seems to be a problem with the AirPort Base Station. I tried soft and hard reset, reloaded the software, and it still doesn't work. Then, I plugged in my linksys base station and it works fine. I dunno...

Either that or your provider doesn't send you enough IPs, somehow... Or is the base station set to create a NAT? ... But if it works with the Linksys, I'd suggest checking the Apple one with another setup at a friend's place...

The build seems more stable - no finder or safari crashes but it is has introduced some new problems. Force Quit menu will not appear, Repair permissions stops in the middle of the process, Camino is not working, there are some responsiveness issues. A couple of partial or messed up windows. Needs an awefull lot of work still...

After I repaired permissions (it worked for me in 39) my random finder quitting stopped for now. I had an application hang on me a while ago, and i hit the force quit button, and the problem application closed down... Dreamweaver is much more stable for me, than any other build. My experience has certainly gotten better, especially now that I have the linksys at least supplying wireless internet.

another thing to think about is full reinstall (with erasing partition and everything) on your panther partition. I've noticed that with archive and install, some pieces still kick around and mess things up.

Back