Adding an Avatar to Profile

Delpezd

Registered
I wanted to add an avatar under my profile name but haven't been able to figure it out. Can someone explain how to set it up? Thanks

Go to your user cp > Edit Options. Scroll down to almost the bottom of the page and you'll find the avatar setting. Click on Change Avatar, then either list its url if you want to use one that's on line, or use the Browse button to select one that's on your hard drive.

Watch out for the avatar restrictions, sometimes they can be a hastle to get around.

Yeah, I noticed it's not as easy as it looks. I'm having trouble finding a picture that's the right size. I have a couple of Calvin & Hobbes cartoons that I would like to use and I'm also wondering about any copyright problems. I could edit it in Photoshop but I don't have the OS X version yet. I'll figure something out and keep trying.

There won't be any copyright problems here. As long as you don't claim the avatar picture as your own (meaning that you made it). For example: a fine young artist (Brad D. Nault) made my avatar, and I havn't been sued yet. ;)

Back