Adding Mac to Windows2k3 Server

New2Mac06

Registered
I would like to add the 2 macs that i currently have running onto an exsisting Win2k3 Server. I would like to be abled to add them to Active Directory and if possible, be able to apply some Group Policies to them if I can.

Currently the 2 macs are recieving internet through the network, but are not yet actually connected to the domain.

Can someone please stear me in the right directions of the objective that i want to complete.

Thanks.

WHat model Macs are these and what Mac OS version are they using? OS X 10.3 and greater allow you to add the machines to an AD forest allowing you to authenticate to an AD domain controller using a domain account. 10.2 can also do this but it's a litle more convoluted...you have to do it through the LDAP settings. However, 10.2 and greater can join an NT domain through Samba. All of what you need to configure is located in Applications-->Utilities-->Directory Access.

As for Mac OS 9, you'll have to purchase a program called DAVE from Thursby Software. For OS X Macs, they also have a program called ADmitMac that gives you further control of a Mac in an Active Directory domain.

http://www.thursby.com

There are 2 mac minis.
They are both running mac osx tiger 10.4.

I will attempt to connect via the settings you gave me.
Applications>Utilities>Directory Access

ill let you know if i run into any problems.

Back