adding to iTunes library

erim

Registered
I've trying to refresh my iTunes library, and it's missing some of the mp3 files. I've got all my mp3's on an external firewire drive, and my library is blank. When I try to add the files to the library, either by using Add to Library in the File menu, or just dragging the folder, it only adds about 90% of them or so. The missing files are valid mp3's, and they play fine in iTunes, so I'm a bit confused.

Anybody else ever experienced this?

Thanks in advance.

I would double check the missing mp3 file's tag info to see what version they are. I could be wrong (correct me please), but iTunes will create v2.2 tags and if there is no tag present will just list them in your library as their filename. So I would take a file that is not showing up in the library and run a tag editing program (my current favorite is ID3X) and either remove the current tag, if any, and create a new one. I use v2.3 tags and they work just fine with iTunes.

This may not be the solution you are looking for, but I hope this helps you down the right path.

I actually figured this out shortly after placing my first post. Thanks for your help though.

-e

Back