Address Book- Crazy secret features... at least, I didn't know, anyway

adambyte

Registered
Woohoo, check this out in Apple's Address Book app!

Control-Click or Right click the word "home," "work," or whatever of the various attributes, and you get a contextual menu! Right-click "home page", and you can go to that address. Right click an AIM screen name, and you can send using iChat. Right click a physical address, and GET a MapQuest MAP! Right click a phone number, and send a SMS to a moble, Send the call using your Bluetooth phone, or.... show "Large Type".... btw, try the "Large Type" feature... someone tell me what the hell use THAT is! I don't get it.

Anyway, just thought you all should know.

Yep, neat stuff, especially the sms feature, but there has been threads on this before not too long ago. :)

Originally posted by Randman
but there has been threads on this before not too long ago. :)

... Dammit!

Okay, seriously, what's up with that Large Text feature? what the heck good is that? It puts in on screen, kinda big, and stays there until you click. wha?

It might be a feature designed for disabled users, or the visually impaired. Though it would be good if you're trying to use the Address Book when you're really hung over and just can't focus on the text right. :)
And dlloyd, what doesn't work? To be able to sms, you have to have bluetooth built-in, or an adapter. Is that what you're talking about.

Although why Apple would include that feature in Address Book separately, when it is built into the OS, is beyond me.

You dont have to right-click. just click :)
I use it all the time to send SMS. anyway, the big number thing is great for us who dont have a wireless phone or when you have you laptop and want to show a phone number to someone on the other side of the room.

I find the "large type" feature handy when I have to send a fax via my standalone fax machine. I can read the number from across the room. :)

the large type feature is great for me - my phone is not near the computer. I can put the number in large type, go down the hall to the phone, and see the number.

Back