administrator account problem

Justadude

Registered
Hello again
Well I'm hoping you guys can be of help on this, I have two admin profiles set up on my computer, I'm one and then another I have no password for, is there any way I can get around this since I'm the administrator ? and or how can I delete this account, would much rather be able to get into it to save pics , but if I cant and it is a lost cause, then I'll just delete the account if I can
thanks

If I read your post correctly - it is the admin. account with the unknown password that you want access (of its documents) to. If so, there are a couple of ways:

01. Launch 'Terminal' ('/Applications/Utilities/' folder), enter ...

sudo bash

... and press the <return> key. Enter your admin password when requested and press the <return> key. At this point on, you can access the directories (folders) of any other account(s).

02. Create a 'root' account via 'NetInfo Manager' ('/Applications/Utilities/' folder). Log out (of your existing account) and log in as 'root'. At this point on, you can access the folders (directories) of any other account(s).

-----

From either your current (password known) admin. account or 'root' - you can delete the unknown password admin. account (via the 'System Preferences', 'Accounts' utility).

Back