Adobe GoLive 5 w/ 9.1 & 10.0.3

martinatkinson

Registered
Hello!

I have just installed OS 9.1 on my PowerMac 8500, when I try to run Adobe GoLive 5.0 it crashes and will not start up:mad:. It worked with OS 9.0.4. Has anyone had this difficulty?

I am getting ready to install OS 10.0.3 on my system. Has anyone had problems with OS X and Adobe GoLive 5?

Albert

I have Adobe Golive 5 running and working fine on 9.1 and in Classic mode.

I'd try a fresh install. I've had Golive &*#&-up before after an install.

I tried installing it over again and now when I try to go into GoLive it crashes and says "Adobe GoLive 5.0 could not be opened because Adobe GoLive 5.0 could not be found." I have also tried deleing and rebuilding my desktop, zapping my PRAM and reinstalling it several times.

UPDATE:

I tried launching it today:

Double clicked on application icon.
The splash screen showed up :D !
It started displaying messages (Loding preferences..., Loading libraries..., etc.).
When it came to the message "Loading Default Package..." it crashed.
Here is the exact message on the alert box:

The application "Adobe GoLive 5.0" has unexpectedly quit, because an error of type 12 occured.

You should save work in other open applications and restart the computor.

Is their something wrong with the Default Package? Is there any way to fix this?

I'm only guessing here, but....is your classic system folder the same as your normal 9.1 boot folder, or is it separate? If its a separate trimmed down Classic, then its possible you need to boot once from it and run golive to make sure it runs ok, then reboot under OSX. Or, if you have golive set to startup with a template rather than a blank page, fix that under booting from classic before trying again under OSX.

Or, you could have corrupted prefs. Or, you might not have enough finder memory assigned to it under classic (more RAM seems to be required when running apps under classic in OSX.

these are just things to try. I'm running it fine with the only problem of Golive will NOT ftp your files to your site after you're done working on it. I have to use fetch to upload.

Originally posted by martinatkinson
Hello!

I have just installed OS 9.1 on my PowerMac 8500, when I try to run Adobe GoLive 5.0 it crashes and will not start up:mad:. It worked with OS 9.0.4. Has anyone had this difficulty?

I am getting ready to install OS 10.0.3 on my system. Has anyone had problems with OS X and Adobe GoLive 5?

Albert

I have had GoLive 5.0 on my system with 9.1 since before I installed OSX and now that I have installed OS X it still works fine. There are a few issues but I have the same issues with all other Classic apps being run under OS X.

OK,

This is very weird! I had bought and installed two 64MB RAM chips for my 8500. I tried to launch GoLive and it did not run. I took the memory chips out and it runs fine. I called MacMall and got a different brand of RAM, intalled it, and GoLive didn't work. I uninstalled it and now it works. The brands of RAM: Kingston and Power Base.

Does GoLive not like certain brands of RAM? DO you have to install the RAM in certain slots of your computor to get them to work properly?

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

Albert

Back