Adobe Illustrator 10.0.1 Update

neuroman

Faithfull Mac USer
I'm getting the "The default location required for this install cannot be found. The install will be cancelled." error from the updater. Many other users experience the same problem. An user posted a possible workaround in Versiontracker.com, but it won't work either in my case. Here's the workaround:

After updating the OS X "locate" database via the Terminal, the update went flawlessly. To do this, start up Termainal, and at the command line, type this: /usr/libexec/locate.updatedb As it says in the manual for the "locate" command (type "man locate" (no quotes) at your prompt), this rebuilds the locate database, allowing the installer to find your AI 10 application. Good Luck! 

Any thoughts are appreciated.

I found that if you use Resedit and go to:
Adobe Illustrator 10"show contents"
Contents/MacOSClassic
and change the creation date of Adobe Illustrator to Mon Oct 29 2001 the installer will no longer give you an error of it not finding the default location. There is a catch though. The installer will get an error when updating.

Thanks for your reply, but it only avoids the "Location not found" problem and won't update anything...but you already knew that. So, we need to move on...

Back