Adobe Illustrator on Parallels

stlboi

Registered
I'm using Adobe Illustrator CS2 on Parallels with a new Macbook. I haven't had any issues with it besides trying to save files. Whenever I try to save a .esp file or a .ai file, it tells me I can't. Is this a well known issue and is there a way to get by this? Thanks!

Strange. But this might really be a Windows/Adobe CS issue rather than one about Parallels... Is everything up-to-date? Are we talking WinXP SP2, or Vista?

What does it say when you try and save? It might be a permissions problem, something similar cropped up recently with Corel Draw files.

I don't have it in front of me, but it says something to the effect of "You cannot save. You cannot print" with the .esp files and then for like a .ai file, it says something like "There has been an unknown error"

Someone has GOT to help me. I need this program. :-S

Thanks!

Not very helpful messages. I wonder if Illustrator is doing something technical that Parallels can't handle? Have you tried on the Parallels support forum? (forum.parallels.com) - someone might have had the same issue.

You could try Adobe's PC Illustrator forum here:
http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.ee6b328/

Are you trying to save your Illustrator PC files on a mac directory? That might be your issue, or you don't have correct permissions set for your hard drive. Does it recognize your Parallels as a user on your mac?

Try saving a file to the Parallels desktop. Does that work?

I'm trying to save them to my window's desktop, so I'm not trying to save it over to my mac os x. This is frustrating. I reinstalled windows and illustrator, same problems.

Back