Adobe Streamline Replacement

agusgriego

Partially Insane
Does someone know any good application that has the same functionality as Adobe Streamline (converts images to vector art), that works in OS X?

Thank you!

i think we should write adobe and get them to carbonize the app... it and quark keep os9 around for me :-|

Originally posted by agusgriego
Does someone know any good application that has the same functionality as Adobe Streamline (converts images to vector art), that works in OS X?

Thank you!

I use Photoshop to convert images to vector, and I achieve decent results. I haven't used Streamline in years.

you select what should get transformed and transform selection to path -> save path -> export path to ai. haven't used streamline for years, either, and didn't look back. streamline was nice and all, but most of the time the results weren't that great, either. and the app hasn't been updated for years, i gather.

I just took a look at Adobe's Streamline forum. Somebody there spoke to Adobe customer service back in July who said they "thought it would, but didn't know for sure."

Makes Adobe sound like Quark!:rolleyes:

Are you converting a photoshop selection to paths, then exporting paths to Illustrator?

Bassically yes. Except I copy/paste the paths from ps. to ai.

Import your bitmap in to FlashMX
Use the 'Trace Bitmap' command in FlashMX then export as EPS.

It's an odd work around I know but it's faster than steamline and I think it's better too!

BuddahBobb
I think you should throw your copy of Quark in the trash and burn it!
Then start using InDesign 2.0.1
:p

OH NO - PLEASE Not another Xpress versus InDesign post!:D :D

Let's wait until 200? and the OS X Xpress; then we can do it properly!

Illustrator can do this too using the trace/autotrace, its not bad although not as good as Streamline.

I use InDesign Religiously, but unfortunately some things either have to be updated in quark or outputed in quark and so i still have to use it :eek:

I dl'd this prog Silohuette looks promising, but rather pricey, i dont know if its worth that price :eek:

Back