Advice On Memory Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgelien

Registered
Okay guys! Please tell me your memory upgrade experience on your PowerBook G4. I'm thinking about upgrading my PBook from 256MB to 512MB due to the high cost of upgrading to 1GB of RAM. Please advise.

For examples:

1. Where did you get your memory?
2. Who makes it?
3. For how much?
4. Did you install it on your own or have someone installed it for you?

Thank you all in advance!

Regards,
George Lien

I always recommend getting ram from www.crucial.com

They are always fast to deliver and very helpful if you ever have a problem. The ram is high quality and nicely priced. And you can definately install the ram yourself, if it's anything like the iBooks, you life the keyboard up and stick it.

themacko wrote:
you life the keyboard up
That should probably be "lift". :) I get visions in my head of strapping the keyboard to a table in a lab somewhere, telling Igor to turn the wheel, and having lightning strike the keyboard. "It's alive!" :D

Uh, anyway, I second the vote for Crucial memory.

This post brought to you by the letters C8H10N4O2. (a.k.a. Caffeine!)

Thank you for your replies. So, right now is 1 for otherworld and 2 for crucial. Anyone else? I would like to collect as much info as I can before the purchase.

Thanks again!

Regards,
George Lien

Another vote for Other World....

Good experience several times....

But then I haven't done anything with Crucial to know otherwise...

pk

I've gotten memory from www.boundlesstech.com, and they have great prices, quality, and customer support. I got 512 megs of RAM for my cube for a total of $54.75 from them -- although now it's much more costly than that. :(

I did some wrong orders from BoundlessTech, and they offered to give me the correct RAM at no restocking charge. They also called me within MINUTES of e-mailing their tech support. Now that's what I call service -- although that's probably unusual.

I installed a 512MB module in the lower slot.. It was the easiest thing ever.

Can't remember what it cost me though.

So far I have satisfied with crucial memory. I purchased one DDR ram for my pc and one 512 mega sdram for my ibook. No hassles and quick shipping! I vote for crucial.

Count me in for crucial. I purchased a 512MB stick from them for my iBook and have had no problems. Shipping was fast and free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back