Advice

Veljo

Mac Enthusiast
Seeing as I really respect the opinions of those who surf these forums, I thought I'd post a small question here and get your opinions.

I want to buy a MacBook for my girlfriend for university as soon as possible, but I'm also considering waiting till mid year in case something better comes out.

That being said, I'd really like to grab it now so my question is simple — do I wait 4 months, or grab one now? It'll just be for uni work, some iChat and other fairly basic stuff, but I know the Core 2 Duo is fantastic.

What do you think? :p

I want to buy a MacBook for my girlfriend for university as soon as possible, but I'm also considering waiting till mid year in case something better comes out.
There is always something new coming down the pike. This is true today. It will be true four months from now.

That being said, I'd really like to grab it now so my question is simple — do I wait 4 months, or grab one now? It'll just be for uni work, some iChat and other fairly basic stuff, but I know the Core 2 Duo is fantastic.

I presume that your girlfriend's new university term will begin in about four months. If this is the case, then there is no harm in waiting. If she needs the computer now, however, then you should buy it now.

Yep. If there's no need to "grab it now", wait. I'm pretty sure that prices for MacBooks won't rise 'til then, newer ones might come out (or same price, more RAM or something)...

I agree... plus if you wait till the summer, Apple usually offers a free ipod for educational purchases.

Back