After logging on from screen sleep, nothing works!

egilDOTnet

master of disaster
This morning I went to my mac to read some mail before leaving for work. I typed in my password and my last work came up. Everything looked normal.

Then I tried to switch to Mail.app. But no icons came up (I use autohide on my Dock). I tried alt-command-esc to get to the task list. Nothing! I can move my mousepointer all around the screen, but no windows become active and no apple-menu works either.

The only thing new on this box is the VirtualPC 5.0.4 update, which was also running @ this time.

Anyone seen anything similar? I just left my box running for now, but I guess I have to force-boot it when I come home.. :(

My flat-panel iMac has done this occasionally ever since I installed 10.1.5. It acts like some process has nearly 100% of the CPU and won't let anything else get a slice.

I wonder if it may be related to network problems? I have not seen it reoccur since I installed the Networking update. Have you installed that?

yea, same here. problems after sleep all went away after the network update, which will not show up in SWU until after 10.1.5 is installed.

this is one of those specific order update things.

Unfortunately, I have installed the network update! What now? :confused: Is it possible to re-install those updates in any way, will that help?

Back