airPod?

speedfreak

Registered
This is just speculation.

Apple makes an iPod attachment to stream wireless to the airport express. The port on the bottom of the iPod is a firewire port an firewire can be used for networking. It can be very small, perhaps 1/2 inch. It can have another firewire port on the bottom of it for docking and charging (like a pass through).

The software could be written to have the ipod function like a remote for desktops, similar to sailing clicker. It could stream (and only stream) to an airport express or airport enabled mac.

I'm all for building it into the next generation of iPod. But, what about the 4-5 million iPods that have already been sold?

But, what about the 4-5 million iPods that have already been sold?
Use the iPod in conjunction with an AirPort-enabled Mac and AirPort Express. Apple is a computer company after all.

speedfreak said:
This is just speculation.

Apple makes an iPod attachment to stream wireless to the airport express. The port on the bottom of the iPod is a firewire port an firewire can be used for networking. It can be very small, perhaps 1/2 inch. It can have another firewire port on the bottom of it for docking and charging (like a pass through).

The software could be written to have the ipod function like a remote for desktops, similar to sailing clicker. It could stream (and only stream) to an airport express or airport enabled mac.

I'm all for building it into the next generation of iPod. But, what about the 4-5 million iPods that have already been sold?

Really cool, and very practical idea. I hope apple does make something similar.

Back