AirPort Admin Utility doesn't work

pdaddy

Registered
I cannot use AirPort Admin Utility to change my base station settings. I'm running OS 10.2.8 on a 12" tiBook G4 and I have an Airport Extreme Base Station. Whenever I choose configure from the Utility, it asks for a password, then tells me it can't connect to the base station. I've tried both soft and hard resets of the base station to no avail. Any other suggestions?

Okay, I have a silly question. Are you connecting to the base station through Ethernet or are you trying to connect to it wirelessly? I believe that you have to connect by Ethernet to configure it.

heathpitts said:
It can be configured through either wireless or wired ethernet.

After a hard reset, only the wired ethernet port should work. I've had trouble with one before. They don't always seem to perform a hard reset always. I found waiting about 5 minutes after a hard reset before trying to connect to it worked for me.

Also, if you temporarily set your IP to 10.0.1.2 (think this is the default - look in the manual) it seems to work better after a hard reset. Otherwise, you may get a message saying the configuration could not be read. You can then go back to your real ip range.

Everyone:

I connected my tiBook to the base station by Ethernet cable and APAU worked. For whatever reason, I couldn't change the base station settings wirelessly. Thanks to all for their suggestions.

pdaddy

Back