AirPort Admin Utility Update

Dean M

Registered
Hi. I connect to the internet through a wireless Airport Base Station and Ethernet DSL from Qwest.
My Base Station is v. 5.6 (but I don't have the disk), but my AirPort Admin Utility is 4.2 which came preinstalled with the G4 PowerPC. The new AirPort Base Station download (2007-002) won't let me update unless I have .5.0 or higher on the AirPort Utility......
Have searched everywhere for either an update to 4.2 for the utility or the earlier AirPort Base Station update 2007-001 which would include updating the 4.2 utility. Nothing doing, even on 'Old Apps' or Version Tracker, which lists 2007-001 but it is in red, so is not available. What the hell can I do to update my AirPort Base Station and AirPort Admin Utility, (now called just AirPort Utility.) ?????
I would appreciate ANY help anyone can give me. Thanks. Dean M

Thanks for that!!

I suppose the next question is, will it work OK with the older 802.11b/n Airport Extreme card and base station?

I'm worried that I do not have the latest security update, but I don't want to install Airport Utility v5 unless the security update is needed with the old 802.11b/g stuff.

Just store your old airport programs in a folder and see. I'm guessing it will work, Apple is usually good about that.

Back