AIRPORT broken?

gigapet

Registered
Is my 'Airport Extreme' broken? The connection keeps dropping off from 3 'waves' to 2 then off completely. It sometimes comes back but occasionally when I go to the menu to check it out, I'm back to the 'create a network' menu and my set-up has gone. If it comes back I'm greeted with an 'error joining network' message. What the blue-blazes is happening? It's been on and off since I bought it. Mostly on it has to be said. BT have been no help, (no surprise there), "Mac? What's a mac?" Does anyone out there know if it's my ISP, phone line or my airport? It's only 8ft away from my powerbook and behind one closed door. GRRRRRR!!!! Is it just me or is everything that's supposed to make my life 'easier' actually fighting me? It's 10 a.m. here and I haven't done any work! :mad:

I had that problem when I first upgraded to Extreme a few months ago. Is your firmware updated? Try that first off. Repair permissions (as with any problem it seems). If that doesn't happen, you can reset your station and reconfigure it with the AirPort Admin utility and AirPort Setup utility.
After having done that, I've had no problems with my Extreme Station and it is faster and more robust than my old first-gen Station.

Oh, and you can always try moving it around a bit. It could be getting some interference from other electrical devices or wires (especially if you're behind a closed door). And if there's any other wireless stations around or you're on an Internet setup where you share a connection, that could impede the signal (use signal robustness for that).

Back