Airport busted

I disconnected my airport and moved it to another location. After turning the airport back on, my computer decided that it would no longer "join the network." i found this to be extremely frustrating, so i moved it back to its original location, and it still doesn't work. i restarted it several times, uplugged it and plugged it back again, and even did a hard (?) reset by holding the reset button down for several seconds (i.e. 15 sec.). nothing has worked. the airport seemed to go back to it's default settings since the name changed back to "Apple Network ed4ea4".
the error i receive is, "There was an error joining the AirPort network "Apple Network ed4ea4"."
I cannot even try to change the settings since i cannot connect to the damn thing.
any help will do,
thanks

It might be to your benefit to go over this Apple article and this one. When I hard-reset my Dual-Ethernet Airport Base Station I had to keep some things in mind, so it helped to follow step by step.

Did you try connecting to the base station through a cable? Did you have the correct network settings to access the base station once it was reset? Did you try quitting the Airport Admin Utility after changing the network settings?

The articles I linked to above are worth a look, assuming you have the Snow version of the ABS. I thought mine was dead, too.... and look at it go.

You should add what hardware (mac and router) you are using.
However, sometimes something like this happenes to my system as well, but only when I turn off the airport card in my tibook while it is connected to a network and then turn it on again. I found out that restarting the router, while the tibooks airport card is off and after this also restarting the tibook and finally turn on the airport card again, will make things work fine again.
What I am trying to avoid is that I turn off the airport card while I am connected to a network.

Back