airport card problem (urgent)!!!

basurita20

Registered
hi, here's my problem..
own an i-book g4 with an airport card...it was working fine, until todayyy...when i want to turn airport on, from the menu bar, nothing happens...
in fact, i've tried to activate it from everywhere, but nothing...also as root, and nothingg...
wich could be the problemmm??? please, i need to fix this as fast as possibleeee....

I had the same sort of problem several times. The network is simply not recognized. I've done a couple of things that have brought it back. One, connect your ethernet directly into the PC, establish an internet connection. Then, reconnect the ethernet to the Airport base station, and try going into Preferences>Networks and refresh your IP address....I'm not at a Mac right now, so I can't do it step-by-step, but in the interests of passing on thoughts I'm replying anyway. You may have to mess around in the Network config a bit.

Let us know how it works out.

basurita20 said:
hi, here's my problem..
own an i-book g4 with an airport card...it was working fine, until todayyy...when i want to turn airport on, from the menu bar, nothing happens...
in fact, i've tried to activate it from everywhere, but nothing...also as root, and nothingg...
wich could be the problemmm??? please, i need to fix this as fast as possibleeee....

ok, the problem is that i do not have an airport base station, i go online through another network, where i don't have acces to the wi-fi router...
isn't a way of bringing the airport card back via software??? i mean, not by connecting it to any network, just by configuring something on the OSX
thanks

Back