Airport does not automatically connect

zorro2b

Registered
I have a powerbook G4 with Tiger. It was working fine with my wireless network - it would connect as soon as I opened up the laptop. But now it refuses to automatically connect. It lists it as an available network and connects immediately when I select it, but it won't connect by itself.

In the system prefs I have set "by default join - 'a specific network'" and I have my home network specified.

Is there something I can reset to convince it to again auto connect?

I have the same problem on my G5, but for some reason my iBook connects immediately. Has to be a setting of some sort, but I never bothered to find out which one since it's not a big issue with me. Think of it as extra security from the big bad internet.

I've been having the same problem on TWO G4 laptops. I can't get them to automatically connect. If they go to sleep, I have to manually connect them. Is there an airport preferences that needs to be deleted? Why would this happen on two machines at the same time?

-d

zorro2b said:
I have a powerbook G4 with Tiger. It was working fine with my wireless network - it would connect as soon as I opened up the laptop. But now it refuses to automatically connect. It lists it as an available network and connects immediately when I select it, but it won't connect by itself.

In the system prefs I have set "by default join - 'a specific network'" and I have my home network specified.

Is there something I can reset to convince it to again auto connect?

I have the same problem on one of my Powerbook G4 12" too but not my Powerbook G4 15". Does anyone have an answer?

Back