Airport doesnt let my enter password

Timotheos

Registered
I have a 1GHz, 12inch powerbook running OSX 13.9 and I have a problem where my airport connection wont allow me to connect to my wireless router.

I can see the connection in my airport but the 'OK' button in the dialogue box to enter the password is greyed out—reminds me of a criticism Steve Wozniak has of OSX where options in the GUI are greyed out but without any explanation of why, which gives you no chance of solving the problem or accessing the option. How frustrating.

The wireless connection had been working fine, but what would happen is once a week or so this problem would happen. Unplugging the router and plugging it back in would fix the problem. But that has failed to fix it over the last couple of days.

The wireless security is WPA personal, the router is a Belkin and the broadband modem is a Dynalink if that helps at all.

(please excuse the use of my, instead of me in the threads topic – ha)

Does the computer connect to other networks? Do you have other computers in the house that will connect wirelessly to the router? I'm thinking it a router problem.

Back