Airport Express as Remote

mindbend

Registered
I am trying to set up an Airport Express as a remote. I have an Extreme as my main base station. I am trying to follow these instructions:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107454

My Extreme base staion is working. I can access the internet through it. I need to set up a remote for the Xbox. I had it working a couple of days ago, but then I decided to do some housecleaning on the network and I screwed it up. I've since done hard resets on the Express with no success. I've tried another Express, which also doesn't work, so I'm pretty sure it's me, not the Express.

I go through all the steps in the above link, the Express (remote) restarts, but continues to flash amber (as opposed to green for a successful connection). I've tried moving it closer to the main base station with no luck. I've tried using Airport Setup Assistant with the same results.

A related issue is that I can't get my iBook to get on the network. It claims it has a clean Airport connection under the same name as the base station network, but it just doesn't work. Safari says I am not connected to the internet. If I run network diagnostics, it requests that I restart the cable modem. This works for the iBook, but then breaks the connection for the other machines. ARGHHH!!!

If all my machines are showing clean airport signals and showing the same network name (home network in this case), shouldn't they all just work?

What am I doing wrong??!!!

Thanks!

Back