Airport Express broke after 7.3.2 upgrad

dave261266

Registered
Hi Guys,

Just before Christmas I installed an Airport Express into my kitchen to connect up to a pair of speakers to play stuff from my itunes catalog. All was working fine without any issues.

Move on a couple of days and my imac did it's weekly software update check and it highlighted that the firmware on the express should be upgraded to 7.3.2. I haven't had any issues on any of the updates I have done in the past so I allowed it to upgrade which worked fine and didn't give me any errors.

Later on that day after turning on the speakers we noticed significant dropouts in the audio and then nothing, light on the express then went to flashing amber.

Soft reset did nothing and I had to do a hard reset and reconfigure the express (correct network etc etc). As soon as I turned it on the same thing happened.

I guess I could back out the update for the express although to be honest I didn't make a note of the version that it was on before and I haven't looked into backing it out so I'm not sure on the approach.

Any Ideas/guidane would be appreciated

Back