airport express/dsl connection

schwalbach

Registered
hi:

my recently acquired airport express base station does not recognize my paradyne dsl modem signal.

when plugged into ac power the airport express function light goes from steady green to steady amber to blinking amber.

according to the airport documentation the blinking amber indicates that the dsl modem (connected by ethernet cable) is not being recognized by the base station.

the dsl modem and ethernet cable connected directly to my computer operate perfectly.

the airport base station operates perfectly with respect to the USB printer connection and the audio connection. only the ethernet/dsl function is not working.

i have attempted to use airport administrator utility to upload the IP addresses to the base station. i use the same IP numbers as those that are working for the direct dsl modem to computer connection. i even cut and pasted the numbers. but i receive an error message from the utility saying that the IP and subrouter numbers don't match.

i am using a G3 iBook with 800 mHz CPU and 640 RAM. operating system is OS 10.3.9.

thanks you for you help.

bob schwalbach

Could it be the ip and subnet numbers are being applied by your service provider via DHCP? So if you manually enter the IP address and subnet numbers your service provider doesn't accept it as it's most likely reassigned that ip address. Have you tried setting your airport basestation to DHCP without manually assigning an IP address?

hi,
set urs DSL routher on DHCP after this u can manage international standerd after this reset urs airport base station and update software download from apple and upload to urs basestation its shoud automatically done. after this use admin utility or airport setup assetant and enjoy
oki
me
imran Muhammad

Are you still having your issue. If so does your dsl provider use PPPoE? Please post again if you need assistance and I can walk you through configuring you base station.

I am having the EXACT same problem as Bob, with the EXACT same specs except I have an iBook G4. nothing that has been posted already has worked. does anyone know how to unlock the mystery of dsl-aiport??? please email me!

-phil

argh. Me too, with a MacBook. And with less computer knowlege than you can shake a stick at. For example:

"Have you tried setting your airport basestation to DHCP without manually assigning an IP address?" What does this mean? I am slightly more tangled in all of this because everything on my computer is in Spanish. Please help!

Also, this question about PPoE. No idea. How can I figure this out? Thanks.

I believe this was clear from everyone else's posts, but my computer does not recognize my Airport Express. I know it has a functioning Airport card, as I have successfully gotten onto other networks before. Will check back soon for help.

Back