airport express internet connection just failed

aussiehoudini

Registered
Ok, here goes,
I setup a wireless net work with my airport express and it was sweet and easy.
I have my USB ADSL modem plugged into my iMac and it then plugs into a router through the network (ethernet) port.
I was able to stream music to my stereo and print to my usb printer and surf the net with both Windows PC and Apple machines.
Last night I finsihed surfing the net and went to bed, this afternoon i couldn't get on the net.
I noticed the airport express was blinking orange. I rebooted my iMac and ever since haven't been able to get it to go back to the green light. I can still print and stream music. WTF?

The only thing i can perhaps think from surfing the forums is that the IP address is a problem.

Now that's what the blinking orange light is supposed to mean right? That the AX can't find a network/internet connection. How come I can still see the AX through the setup assitant and admin utility but can't get it to work? How come it just died when I didn't do anything?

It currently says it's got an address of someting like 169.254.191.147. I think my iMac's address is a 192 one. Could this be the problem? Do i have to set a manual address? I'm at the end of my rope here, mainly because it was working perfectly and I didn't do anything but it's broken?!
Any help appreciated.

Back