Airport Express Problems

daniel_lidstrom

Registered
Hello!

I have an AE base station that I normally play music through. But after a couple of hours, the music from iTunes starts to skip, i.e. play a few seconds, then a few seconds silence. Trying to connect to the Internet becomes really slow too. I do have contact with the AE, and am able to restart it from the computer, but after that there is no more contact. Restarting the computer makes things fine again, so it seems to be a problem with Mac OS X. I have 10.4, and 6.1.1 in the base station. Anybody experience similar problems? I'm not sure it is actually iTunes causing the trouble, but I usually play music while I'm sitting at the computer. What could be the problem?

--
Daniel

The problem persists. Here is what I'm doing now: Internet comes right into the computer, i.e. no wireless. The Airport Express is used only to stream music through. Yesterday was apparently a good day, as I was able to play music during most of the day. Today, after I woke my iMac from sleep, the music skips every few seconds again. I restarted the AE from the admin utility, and rediscovered it a minute later. Tried playing music through it again, but the skipping is still there. Am I really the only one experiencing this? FWIW, I didn't wipe my computer as I upgraded to 10.4. If this problem stays much longer, I'm going to take my chances with 10.3. Dashboard and spotlight isn't worth it.

Back