AirPort Express with AirTunes -- Calling Home Recording Types

boyfarrell

Registered
Hello All.

Does anybody know the level of the airpot express mini-jack, I can't find this info anywhere on apple's site? Will it be 'line-level' or -10 dBV?

Bit of a tech question I know.

I want to plug it into this ino these powered speakers/monitors. They have an input which excepts +4dBu (whatever that units is! :confused: ) which is apparently refered to as 'line-level'. And -10dBV (again whats going on with these units! :mad: ) which is not-line level.

At I guess I would say that -10dBV is the amplitude required to drive a pair of head-phone, while +4dBu is a large voltage used in high quality rack recording audio equipment (If anybody actually knows I'm all ears).

Anybody exprience on using airtunes, how will this sound?

Dan.

I'm pretty certain the output on the Airport Express is line-level. This would also explain why it is referred to as a "Line-out" jack in the literature.

The jack also features an optical digital output, if you have an amplifier with optical line-in then using an optical connection will give you a vrey good connection. I use it with my Yamaha stereo using just a regular analog connection and find the sound quality to be excellent.

Back