airport express

moochoo

Registered
A friend just dropped off his powerbook G4 running panther, he is having a problem with airport.

somehow he has managed to turn it off and it cannot be turned back on.

clicking on the little icon and pressing on does nothing it stays in a constant state of "off".

the little icon is simple a black outline of the airport logo and white space?

has anyone any ideas to what he has done? i dont really know much about OS X and he knows even less so really looking for help here!

Having dropped his PB it might well be a material problem rather than soft.
My guess is that he should check the airport card inside it might be broken or gone loose. If he doesn't feel confident doing it best to turn to an Apple dealer.

Good luck

is the airport card under the keyboard like on the iBook [i really dont know much about the powerbook]

he didnt say he dropped it just he was messing about with settings he cant remember what and it stopped working

moochoo said:
A friend just dropped off his powerbook G4 running panther, he is having a problem with airport.

!

Hi moochoo

sorry if I misunderstood what you meant then in terms of dropping
One way or the other if I understand correctly the PB doesn't see the network

as for the harware side I would check apple support library to locate the airport card

soft side in utilities folder : run Airport set assistant and or airport admin
part of the config might have been messed up and should also check the airport base.
last but not least should check internet connect see if the pb is recognised by airport

BTW welcome to this forum

yeah dropping it off just meant he brought it roung. thats my yorkshire slang coming out there i feel lol

software side didnt work im gonna brave it and crack it open see what i can do.

just for future reference i got this problem sorted

sudo ifconfig en1 up

sorted it all out, i thought it was this to start with but silly me said fw1 instead of en1 for some reason!

Back