Airport Extreme And D-link Dsl-300t

apollo933

Registered
I am having problems getting my Airport Extreme base-station to talk to a D-Link DSL-300T ADSL modem.
If I plug the modem direct into the back of my Power-mac it works fine. The Airport appears to work fine (I can print to the USB printer plugged into it). The Airport previously worked with a cable modem.
If I plug the DSL-300T into the Airport Extreme I can't even get to the modem's web interface. For what it's worth, the Power-mac has an Ethernet cable connection to the Airport base-station - I only use the wireless for an old iBook and my work PC laptop.
I've worked in IT for 15+ years, but with Oracle databases not Mac's.

hi

there is an article at www.zensupport.co.uk that describes exactly how to set this configuration up as i used it to get mine going. Just one thing though check what firmware is running on the Airport as if you have upgraded to the latest 5.6 i would suggest down grading it to 5.5.1 as v 5.6 cuts off all the internet features on the unit unless you are running Tiger OS.

Hi
The Airport firmware was at 5.6. I am still on Panther. I just downgraded to 5.5.1 and everything is now talking again! Thanks for your excellent advice.

I'm running Tiger on a very similar system and the same problem. Reverting to 5.5.1 cured it. Is it a D-Link thing?

This sounds exactly like the problem I'm having, after a recent update to the base station.

As I'm new to macs - have an ibook G4. could someone tell me how to down grade the firmware on the base station as I'm currently running 5.6?

Cheers

I'm having a similar problem, but I don't think the firmware issue applies to my base station. It's an old Snow airport base station, and I have two computers - one running Panther and one Tiger. Everything worked fine when I had a cable modem, but I recently switched to Verizon FIOS and now I can't connect to the internet through my base station, even though the base station appears and seems to be configured properly. I'm getting pretty frustrated with this. Does anyone know anything I might try?

I'm not familiar with either of these units! But I had a similar problem when both the router and the base were set up to distribute the ethernet addresses. Leaving that to the base station solved the problem.

Then I upgraded to 5.6 on the Airport Extreme and broke it again!!

Back