airport extreme and hp7550 printer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjkcosnt

Registered
Hi I need to know how to get my HP 7550 printer to work with my airport extreme, ok, I have a powerbook g4 airport ready, but not extreme ready, I have an airport extreme base, and I am running panther OSX 10.3.2 and my printer is not on Apples list for the airport, The printer works fine as long as I have it contected directly to the computer, but will not work when I connect the printer to the airport extreme base, any body can help I sure would appreciate it. Thanks Ron Haas

when you go to rendevous printers does it show up there? If not go to this hint on MacOSXhints.com and try this hint http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20030915050404405&query=airport+extreme+printer

Also, my Espon 785 EPX printer would show up in the rendezvous list and would allow me to set it up, But it would not print. I fixed this by pulling up a document to print, select the printer from the drop down list, select the rendezvous printers list and choose your printer. It has worked since. I can also print to it from Windows XP.

Yes I can find the printer with rendevous but it says that no drivers are installed, and the latest ones are installed, When I called Apple they told me that the printer probably was not airport able. So I also e-mailed HP and basiclly they told me that Apple did not support it on the airport so they are blaming each other, seems to me that HP could release new drivers if they wanted to

Try this. Go to the printer setup utility, select the add printer button. From the menu select ip printing. Type in the address of your airport base station (mine is default at 10.0.1.1). select socket/hp jet direct and leave the queue blank. Select the printer model in the printer model drop-down list. Then save these settings and it should work. The gimp-print drivers are built in to panther. So it should just work now.

heathpitts said:
Try this. Go to the printer setup utility, select the add printer button. From the menu select ip printing. Type in the address of your airport base station (mine is default at 10.0.1.1). select socket/hp jet direct and leave the queue blank. Select the printer model in the printer model drop-down list. Then save these settings and it should work. The gimp-print drivers are built in to panther. So it should just work now.

How can I every thank you, you sir are a genius!!!! although my model was not listed in the last set of your advice, and there were only 2 Photosmart printers listed, I choose one a model p1100c and it prints fine through the Airport now,, I tryed printing text and also a picture, thanks again,,,, Keep up the good work. I can close this thread and one I have in hardware and peripreails
Ron Haas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back