AirPort Extreme as a router - issue, need help.

Khama

Registered
I am using attempting to use an Airport extreme as a router, but am experiencing some difficulty.

Cable modem is connected to Airport Extreme, and APE is connected to switch. Switch is hard wired to AP graphite downstairs. G3 downstairs connects to AP graphite with no problems.

What I want to do is place another switch near the Graphite Airport and attach a Cube ( Hardwired ) and Printer ( hardwired ) and the Graphite AP on the new switch.

When I do, the GAP airport gets funky IP settings ( Viewable with Airport Admin ) and computers connected to it, loose connectivity to the internet. Also the Hardwired Cube and Printer get funky IP's as well, and nothing works.

I tried using a Crossover cable between the two switches, didnt work. Tried going to upload port on switch, didnt work. Neither did regular Cat5 cable or any combination of the 3.

New switch will not light up on the particular port I plug into, coming from the existing switch ... however Graphite AP works fine if its plugged in from the existing switch. ( Did I confuse you yet? )

Anyone have any ideas? I am stumped.

Back