Airport Extreme Base Station Internet Sharing

heathpitts

Registered
I have the AEBS with modem. I use it to connect to my isp as i do not have high speed access @ my house. Using airport on my powerbook 12 i can tell it to connect to the internet and then disconnect. I do not want it to connect automatically. However, I want to be able to use my cube (without an airport card) to initiate and terminate the dial-up. Is there any way to do this?

If you mean using the Airport Admin tools, all you have to do is hook up your Cube to the AEBS ethernet port and open Airport Admin, rather than let it scan for a base station, give it the IP address of your base station. The default is 10.0.0.1 I think, but the base station might have seperate IPs, one for the wireless connection and one for the LAN (ethernet cable). If in doubt just use your powerbook to check the address of the ethernet port.

This is what I mean. On my powerbook, i click on the airport icon on the bar at the top of the screen and then click connect and it makes the AEBS dial its modem.

This is not there on the cube as I don't have an airport card installed. It is attached directly to the ethernet port on the AEBS. Is there anyway to initiate the internet connection without the airport card installed?

Back