Airport Extreme Bridged to Aiport Express For Direct TV

granthac

Registered
So I am trying to create a WDS with my airport extreme and airport express for the sake of having my Express act as a bridge for my Direct TV to plug into, thus allowing me to access the On-Demand features. I have found articles on the Apple support page on how to do this, but it would seem the articles were written for the older Airport Utility and I am having a heck of a time setting up a WDS with the new software. To begin with my express only appears in my Airport Utility about half of the time, and I am constantly having to "hard" reset it just so that it will show up. The other problem I am having is adding the express as a node once it does show up. The older Airport Utility seems to allow you to select which Airport you want to work as a node or remote, while the newer requires you to enter in the Airport ID. I have done this but to no avail and my express seems to refuse to respond. Has anyone had any experience in this and can maybe help me out? Also has anyone set it up with Direct TV? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

-Chris

Back