AIrport Extreme Card not working

ryestarr

Registered
HI
I recently took a Airport Extreme card out of an older ibook G4, and put it into my G5 tower.
I set up the network and the airport card was found and my preferred network. I was even connected to the internet last night (the night I set up the card) working fine.

Today I tried connecting and it found the router right away, but a few seconds later it couldn't connect. When I select the aiport icon up on the top toolbar it finds the router, but won't connect. There's no bars on the airport icon.
When I first tried today there were a few bars then they slowly went away, and hasn't come back...

I also have an iphone that finds the router, and I am on a G4 laptop right now and I have full airport bars.

The G5 is in the same room as the router, while I can go to the kitchen or downstairs with the laptop and it works great.

Any thoughts as to why the G5 laptop is able to get a good router signal? Or anything I can try?

I had a similar problem with an Airport Extreme card. Mine needed a really hard push to get it seated properly and click into place. Harder than I was prepared to risk until I was told to push harder.

Back