Airport extreme card Please help! Need Internet!

leanneuk

Registered
hi
just fitted an airport extreme card to my emac, but it isn't bringing up the symbol in menu bar or network setup, do i need a cd to install software coz i didn't get anything with my card.

leanne

If the Airport options are not appearing, then the card is not installed properly. Open it up again and check that you have plugged the card and antenna in correctly.

i removed my card and placed it in again making sure that it wouldn't go any further and checking the antenna was connected properly but it stil hasn't made a difference. It recognises i have an airport card in the system profiler but can't bring any info up about it! really stuck as to what is wrong with it and apple phone technicians are no use, rang up tonight and she told me to look on website support (which ive already done).

if it recognizes that there is an Airport Extreme in System Profiler, then you should have no issues using it. to set it up, go into your Network Preferences, then click on Show then select Airport, from there I would click the checkbox titled "Show Airport status in menu bar." after that, you should be able to easily connect to any wireless network in your area(i.e., yours). hope i was helpful!

already been in network preferences and it doesn't have airport for me to select, i know where it should be coz my friends got it set up on her powerbook laptop but really don't know whats wrong with mine, think i'm gonna have to call in the professionals or at least someone from uni who knows about macs and can come and have a look. Thanks for your help anyway guys, hopefully i'll get it up and running before the end of the year!

Back