AirPort Extreme Help

Finch

Insert something here...
So I gave in and purchased an AirPort Extreme. Works like a charm, one hitch I can't print. My HP OfficeJet D145 is plugged into USB port on my AirPort and with in the AirPort Admin the printer is recognized and shown yet niether my iBook or PowerBook can print.

Help please!
Finch

I don't own an Airport or an Officejet, but I'm guessing you need printer drivers on all print-client computers with this setup. After installing drivers try Print Center:Add Printer.
Does that help?

All the machines have been addressed with the most current drivers. Its not an HP or driver thing... They work fine stand alone, I'm starting to think the printer is not supported by the AirPort.

I do believe OfficeJet D145 will work with an HP Jetdirect 280m for wireless with your airport extreme, as bobw pointed out Apple doesn't support that printer (Or any of the officejet lines) using the usb port.

If you've upgraded the airport to it's latest firmware, you can always try going into the Print Center > Add > Goto Rendezvous and find your printer there. (Make sure the drivers are installed)

Back