Airport Extreme Problems

peterp100

Registered
I am very frustrated with My Airport Extreme and hope someone can help. Here is the setup.
DSL modem, 2 tiPowerbook 800's wireless, and an old all-in-one G3 wired. Brand new airport extreme with the newest software/firmware. The airport at first did not appear in the aiport admin utility, but was accesible by choosing other and typing it's ip address. Now, the airport shows up in the admin utility. However, every 5 minutes the airport looses internet access. The only solution is to restart the airport. Also, I have a brother 1440 (listed as compatible on apple's website) I have the drivers installed and the printer selected in print utility. However, when I print to the printer, the connection always times out. The printer works fine when plugged directly into the USB port of the powerbook.

Thankyou,

Peter

I know the printer problem. go to applicatins utiitlities airport setup assistant. Make sure your internet is plugged into the WAN port so you can set it up. if you plug it into the LAN it wont work. set up airport in the assistant and your all set :)
Maybe the WAN problem will help your internet connection stay also.

I have not used the internet setup, will try that today. The internet is plugged into the WAN port, I have a local network pluged into the LAN port. A note about the brother printer and Rendezvous, when the printer is plugged into a computer directly, it has the name HL_1440 but when it is plugged into the airport and i access it using rendezvous, the name is Brother_HL_1440. I wonder if this is a problem.

Thanks,

Peter

Two airport extreme base stations. Same problems. Both stations will not allow me to connect to the internet after a random amount of time. The airport has an IP address assigned by verizon DSL, and my computers have IP addresses assigned by the airport DHCP, but i cannot access the interent.
I'm sure others have had this problem and there must be some sort of solution.
Thankyou,

-Peter

Back