Airport Extreme seems to drop connection when using with Siemans Gigaset SE587

kriz105

Registered
Hi Guys
I have recently 'upgraded' my isp, in the uk, to Tiscali.
They supply my tv, internet and telephone.
I have a set top box that has a router attached to it (Siemans Gigaset SE587), this in then attached to my Airport Extreme.
After some minutes i lose connection. I have tried changing Channels which allows me go back on line again, but i think its more a case of it working after every time i restart my Airport. and have even reset the Airport Extreme to create a new network.
The loss of connection has nothing to do with my isp because I am currently directly linked into my mac using the ethernet into my mac . And no connection drop.
Does anyone have a clue what this might be. I am sure my Airport is in good working order, I say that because it was working fine before my isp change.
And when it is able to stay up its working very well.
Any advice will be greatly received.
I cant find anything on line that might suggest the router and airport might not be compatible.
Help!
Thankyou
19/05/08 - Update from a colleague - Has anyone heard about an system update that causes Airport Extreme to lose connecton? If i restart the Airport it works, but I have to restart every so many minutes

Last edited:
19/05/08 - Update from a colleague - Has anyone heard about an system update that causes Airport Extreme to lose connecton? If i restart the Airport it works, but I have to restart every so many minutes

Back