Airport Help Please

buc99

Don't Tread on Me!
I'm having a world of trouble trying to get my Airport Base Station to work correctly. There is something wrong with the portmapping feature. I can onlyuse Appletalk when the ABS distributes IPs with DHCP. If I set one mac to a manual IP, I can't get the other mac to connect to it with Appletalk. I tried only authorizing the two macs involved with their mac addresses, and this allowed me to connect to the static mac with the designated IP:

afp://10.0.1.xxx

But this lasted for about 4 minutes and then died and I once again am unable to connect through appletalk. This leads me to believe there may be something wrong with the ABS. Any ideas?

I also can't get my webserver to work correctly. I had it running for a little while and had someone check it to make sure it was running, then it stopped and no one was able to connect. When I did mac address authorizing as mentioned earlier, I was able to connect to my web page via:

10.0.1.xxx:8080/~username/

After I noticed the appletalk connection died, I also lost the connection to my web page as mentioned above. Now I can't connect to it from the dynamic IP mac. This is getting really frustrating. Any help would definately be appreciated. I think I might try to reload the ABS software and see if that works.

Thanks,:)
SA

Back