Airport Problems In Jamaica

blackrobe

Registered
Hi.

I connect to ADSL service, (Cable & Wireless Jamaica) in Kingston, Jamaica using airport on my 15" PowerBook 1.67. It connects via a D-Link DWL-2000AP+ wireless access point (in repeater mode) to a SpeedTouch 576 wireless ADSL modem that is also wired into a wintel box via ethernet -- it is running XP. The SpeedTouch is the access point. The D-Link simply repeats the signal.

Amazingly, this set up works great most of the time. However, at least once or twice a day I have to reset (power off/on) the SpeedTouch modem to restore the wireless internet access to my powerbook. Something seems to be timing out? The D-Link is working fine I believe because I always have a strong signal -- even when I loose connectivity. The network that shows up in my airport is the appropriate one a.k.a., SpeedTouch, but there is no connectivity until I reset the SpeetTouch ADSL modem. Meanwhile the wintel box connected via ethernet maintains its connectivity.

Any ideas?

Thank you!
JS

PS-My technical level is what I'd describe as intermediate -- but obvously I'm looking for some help here -- so not a complete expert!

Does your ADSL modem disconnect or is it just your Powerbook that loses touch? You might have some kind of interference somewhere.

It's just my powerbook that looses touch. I seem to have full airport signal strength, but it looses connectivity. The PC that is connected to the ADSL modem via ethernet almost always works.

Back